News > NHS info on the Corona virus, how to avoid catching or spreading it
NHS info on the Corona virus, how to avoid catching or spreading it
Thu 5th Mar 2020
Go to www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19 to find out more information on the coronavirus, how to avoid catching or spreading it.
In the UK, the medical advice is that if you have recently travelled from areas affected by coronavirus, you should:
stay indoors and avoid contact with other people as you would with the flu.
call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the area
- If you are experiencing symptoms you should self isolate/ quarantine yourself and seek medical help. Do not go to the doctors/ hospital.
Additional Industry advice
- Do not work if you feel you are getting sick. We realise this may not be an easy decision when faced with the need for a paycheck.
- Please follow advice given on handwashing, catching coughs and sneezes to avoid spreading
- Film solo content, try to build a stockpile of content to release in case you get sick or there is a halt in production. Female performers also have the option of camming from home.
Steps Producers Can Take
- Do not push people to work who have called in sick. We recognize that a change in cast or crew may cause a delay or additional expenses while shooting, but the consequences of people getting sick on set are a much greater risk both in terms of health and finances.
- Do not allow anyone who is visibly ill on set. Send talent or crew home — and make this policy clear prior to shooting.
- Ensure sets are thoroughly cleaned prior to shooting. This should be standard practice regardless, but be additionally prudent in making sure all surfaces that cast or crew come into contact with have been sanitised.
- Film extra content. Try to build a stockpile of content now, understanding that filming could eventually be impacted by the virus.